Monday, September 9, 2013

Armageddon Day

Yes, we survived all the drills . . .

And we got a bit of classwork done aroud the edges.

For Seamus Heaney's poem "Digging," I could see that most of you seemed to do a thorough job of annotating for this starter poetry work.  We are not, by the way, starting into our first poetry round just yet--it was the poet's recent death that brought it to mind, and there is an application I want you to consider that goes beyond the essential analogy in the poem.  But first there are a few brief things I want to pick up on tomorrow that I prefer not to list here, since the progress in each class was somewhat different and I don't want to steal your discussion thunder.  Please keep the sheet handy.

FOR TOMORROW

Nothing specific due on Tuesday, but . . .

1)  Get at least a good start on the Self-Definition due Wednesday, Sept. 11.  I may update the blog with the turnitin.com codes later tonight.

2)  Be prepared for the Tess assessment on Thursday (in class, closed book, short essay response plus some IDs/direct questioning that will require 2-3 sentences each).  NOT MC or fill-in-the-blank.

3)  Hate to do this the first full week of school, but I am delaying the "Writing about Literature" reading assignment  (pp. 1-58 in Perrine's Lit) until Monday. (But working ahead is always okay.)

No comments:

Post a Comment